Outlander Review

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
5 Stars

I finally finished a book! I'm so glad that it was this one. If you weren't here for one of my more recent posts, I recently decided to give the television show Outlander a try. I have always said that it wasn't my thing and that I wouldn't enjoy it at all. Oh boy was I wrong. After racing through the show, I needed more. I'm going to keep this short and super simple because I finished reading this a few months ago and have lost the details in my brain.

Diana Gabaldon just has a way of sucking you into her story and keeping you there. I was already so in love with her characters and I knew what was going to happen, but I still could not put this one down! I get that it has some issues. However, I feel like these issues are more of a time period problem. I won't go any further than that. I was so invested in the relationships that Diana created. Not just the romantic ones; the friendships were so fun to read about. The way that family is placed in such high regard is heartwarming. Even when it means there will be bloodshed. 

Despite my dislike for historical fiction, I plan to continue on with this series. I know I'm super late to the party so have any of you also not read it yet? Do you plan to read it? Let me know in the comments. Happy reading!
Xoxo,
Gabriella


Comments

  1. That's awesome!!! I'm glad you enjoyed this one!! I haven't read them yet. I'm still a bit nervous because I don't really care for historical fiction. Maybe one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I felt. I can never really get into the historical stuff. One day I just saw the show on Netflix, gave it a shot, and next thing I knew I was ordering the book. Have you watched the show?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart