Armchair BEA 2017 Day Three


It's day three of Armchair BEA and things are getting good. I hope everyone has been having a good time reading and sharing posts and chatting with each other. I know I have. On to today's topics.

Delving Into Diversity
I don't really have much to say regarding diversity because I don't read diversely enough. I'm trying to change that and would love any recommendations you throw my way so feel free to leave them in the comments. As for diversity in book format, I'm pretty into paperback novels. Hardcovers if I'm super excited about a book and cannot wait for the paperback to come out. I haven't tried an audiobook yet, although I own two of them. I just tend to zone out and would probably need a physical copy to follow along with. I also have read two graphic novels and am trying to buy/read more of them. I'm taking recommendations for these as well. And lastly, ebooks. I'm not the biggest fan because I don't like staring at a screen. However, they come in handy for reading at night and I appreciate that. If I've learned anything while typing this, it's that I really need to broaden my horizons.

Dining With the Authors
Which authors would I like to have a meal with? Can I just say all of them? I've sat down at a cafe and chatted with Kathleen Glasgow and Michelle Gordon. That was super fun and I would love to do it again. I'd say I would love to hang out with Paula Stokes. We already get along so well, it's just time that we meet in person and get to chatting about books, tv shows, hiking, pets, life, etc. She's awesome. If you haven't read any of her books yet, you need to ASAP. Get on it. I could go on forever, but in the spirit of visiting as many blogs as possible I'll keep it short for you. I would also like to have a latte with Lauren Gibaldi, Abigail Johnson, Priscille Sibley, Jeff Lindsay, Tracy Deebs, Elle Kennedy, Kass Morgan, and James Dashner to name a few. Oh and Eric Smith of course. Which authors would you want to have a meal with?

I hope you liked this post. I know I rambled a lot so I thank you if you stuck through it. I don't blame you if you didn't or if you just skimmed. I hope to see you tomorrow for my fourth and final Armchair BEA post of 2017.
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

  1. I'm listening to the audiobook version of Murder is Binding today. Armchair Book Expo: May Inclusive Reading Report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. I've never heard of that one. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm also trying to read more diversely, specifically with own-voices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm looking for recommendations. I know I own some, but not nearly enough.

      Delete
  3. yes! Eric Smith would be quite fun, though there's a risk of choking on my food and drink while listening to him, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading diversely is one of my goals as well, thank you for stopping by today and commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart