Waiting on Wednesday #4

Waiting on Wednesday

For those of you who don't know, Waiting on Wednesday is a series hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. This week I'll be sharing one of my most anticipated books of 2017 and if you know me at all, you won't be surprised.

This is How it Happened by Paula Stokes
Somehow I’ve become a liar. A coward. Here’s how it happened. 

When Genevieve Grace wakes up from a coma, she can’t remember the car crash that injured her and killed her boyfriend Dallas, a YouTube star who had just released his first album. Genevieve knows she was there, and that there was another driver, a man named Brad Freeman, who everyone assumes is guilty. But as she slowly pieces together the night of the accident, Genevieve is hit with a sickening sense of dread—that maybe she had something to do with what happened.

As the internet rages against Brad Freeman, condemning him in a brutal trial by social media, Genevieve escapes to her father’s house, where she can hide from reporters and spend the summer volunteering in beautiful Zion National Park. But she quickly realizes that she can’t run away from the accident, or the terrible aftermath of it all.

Incredibly thought-provoking and beautifully told, Paula Stokes’s story will compel readers to examine the consequences of making mistakes in a world where the internet is always watching…and judging.


Wow, sounds great right? As you all know, I love Paula Stokes. Not only does she write wonderful books, but she's just an awesome human with great taste in television shows. I love everything about this synopsis and the whole national park setting really has me salivating. I, myself live near a national park and also a national forest and these are my favorite places to go. My escape, my happy place, where I heal (more the forest than the park). However, they're both beautiful in their own right. I just can't wait to see how this setting influences the story.

If you're interested as well This is How it Happened will be out on July 11, 2017 and is available for pre-order now. There is also an excerpt on Paula's website if you want a little taste before spending your money. What's one of your most anticipated reads for this year? I'd love to hear them. Happy reading!
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart