Conversations: Series, Yay or Nay


It's that time again! This week for conversations, we are talking about book series and whether or not we appreciate having them. Let's get to it!

I feel like this is going to be a super short post because I love book series! I know I usually take forever to finish them *cough Harry Potter cough*, but I can't help but love the fact that I get to enjoy these characters and their worlds for such a long time. I'm so needy when it comes to the characters that I love. I have finished several standalones and prayed that I would one day get a sequel or even a companion novel. A few recent ones would be Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes, The Blood Between Us by Zac Brewer, Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow, Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn, If I Fix You by Abigail Johnson, and so many more. I just need more! I will fully admit to my greed.

Now I completely understand that a series is a commitment, but I dive in. I have purchased a few boxed sets without having read a single book. I committed myself to those books and so far, they haven't let me down. I just love books! However, I get that standalones also cost so much less and my wallet would love me if I didn't read as much. But life without books? No way. In the end, just give me all of the books. Standalones, companions, series, I WANT THEM ALL. How about you? Tell me your preferences. Leave me the link to your post in the comments if you have one! Have a wonderful weekend!
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

  1. It's great to see you taking part in Conversations, Gabriella! I usually love reading series - but you're right, it can take me forever to finish them xD Especially if I've forgotten everything from the previous book! xD But yeah, sometimes, some standalones are so good, you just want a companion! I know that was definitely the case for me with Firsts as well - such a good book!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for creating Conversations. I've missed a few because I haven't had anything to say, but I am really enjoying them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart