The Geek's Guide to Dating Review

The Geek's Guide to Dating by Eric Smith
5 Stars
First off, I want to thank Eric Smith for so kindly sending me a copy of his book to review. Secondly, I just want to say that despite the absurd amount of time it took me to finish this book, I really loved it. I just struggle when there isn't something making me go, "OH MY GOD, I need to know what happens next!" Moving on, this is a literal guide to dating. It's completely relevant and full of pop culture references that will help you understand what is being said. Example: "If you're an autobot and she's an aerialbot, you can't expect her to suddenly transform into a ground-based vehicle. But you can still bond over your mutual love of administering beat downs to Decepticons. Be respectful, be patient, be open to learning about her passions." Smith also adds the right amount of humor to his work. I personally found myself laughing at several points and I know you will too. I've seen a few complaints about how this is aimed at males and yes, it is. However, Smith makes it a point to say that these tips apply to females just as much as they do to males. He even includes "A Note for the Gal Geek" on page 18. I really appreciated that even though I had no problem with the focus being on men. Lastly, I want to throw in a quote that made me really happy; "Here's the thing, Player One. As much as this concept has been romanticized, it neglects the fact that women are human beings with their own issues--they don't exist just for you." Overall, I found Geek's Guide to be quite helpful and entertaining. I honestly recommend this to anyone who needs help dating or even just needs a good laugh. I'd love to discuss it with anyone who has read it or even wants to.
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart