25 Facts About Me

25 Facts About Me

Today is the day that I turn 25. I still don't feel like that is my age, but here I am. In honor of such an occasion I decided to share just as many facts about myself. Some of them will be bookish, some of them will just be about me. That way we can get to know each other better.

One: I am days away from my second semester at my local community college. It's never too late to go to school.

Two: My main love, other than books, is my dog. His name is Vader James. I have not forgotten my other dog, we miss him every day and his ashes are on my bookshelf.

Three: I work in as a special needs paraprofessional in a preschool.

Four: I waited until I was almost 23 to get my license. Some people need to take their time and that is okay.

Five: I am Hispanic, but I do not speak Spanish.

Six: I am a woman who has suffered a miscarriage and I feel that pain in my heart every second of every day.

Seven: I could watch The Mummy all day long and never tire of it.

Eight: I will always be able to reread Twilight despite my attitude towards rereading books.

Nine: I prefer books with short chapters. I somehow finish the books faster.

Ten: I still do not use my library, but I plan to. Hopefully I'll make my way into town soon.

Eleven: I prefer to read while the television is on. I need some sort of background noise or I struggle to focus.

Twelve: I fidget, a lot. Unless a book has my absolute attention I will check my phone every page or so.

Thirteen: I have yet to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Fourteen: My favorite gift to receive is a good book. However, unless you know every book I own, I am very hard to shop for.

Fifteen: I love bookmarks. Some of them are so cute that I refuse to use them. Which is not even practical.

Sixteen: I love to drink a nice nonfat chai latte when I read. They taste like Christmas!

Seventeen: Speaking of, Christmas is my absolute favorite. I even symbolically adopted an elephant for my work Secret Santa one year.

Eighteen: I dream of one day writing a book or even inspiring one.

Nineteen: I recently bought my first Book Beau and I never leave without it. Why didn't y'all make me get one sooner?!

Twenty: I will never read The Hunger Games. I recently accepted this fact and gifted my copy to a little free library near me.

Twenty-One: My bookshelves don't have any specific organization. My only rule is that all of an author's books have to be together even if they're not part of a series.

Twenty-Two: I will try to read just about anything I'm given, but I will not purchase books outside of my comfort zone without previewing it.

Twenty-Three: I still despise hardcovers. A fact I don't think I will get over. They're big and hard to hold comfortably and so pricey! Paperbacks for the win.

Twenty-Four: I have major love for Paula Stokes and several Arizona authors including Abigail Johnson, Stephanie Elliot, Kelly deVos, and Kathleen Glasgow. These ladies are wonderful humans.

Twenty-Five: I love blogging and, while I may not be the most consistent, I have no plans to stop.

Thank you for sticking through until the end. I would like to know something about you as well. Do we have something in common? Which fact surprised you? Chat with me in the comments. Happy Reading!
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart