The Opposite of Innocent ARC Review

The Opposite of Innocent by Sonya Sones
5 Stars

I was originally pulled into The Opposite of Innocent because of the cover, but once I looked it up and saw what it was about I knew that I needed to read it. Luckily for me Emma from Miss Print had an ARC up for adoption through her ARC Adoption program and I was able to get my hands on it pretty quickly. So thank you, Emma. I finished it in one sitting.

The Opposite of Innocent is about a girl who has had a crush on a friend of her parents since she was little and now that she's grown their relationship becomes extremely inappropriate. I really wanted to see how this all panned out especially being written in verse. I was curious how enough detail could fit into the story in such a short amount of time. Sonya did a good job with this one.

I felt for Lily and while Luke seemed to be a prince, his colors were shown slowly but surely. I think some could see this as a way to spot a snake in the grass. The story is loaded with red flags and you can also understand how a fourteen year old girl might not see them or know how to react especially to such a prominent figure in her life.

I don't want to reveal more than the synopsis itself so I will end it here and let y'all discover it for yourself. The Opposite of Innocent will be out in the world on September 4, 2018 and is up for preorder now. I highly recommend giving it a try. It's a fast, yet impactful read. Do stories about darker topics interest you? Let me know in the comments. Happy reading!
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart