2018 Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag

The Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag


I want to thank Aimee, Always for tagging me. You can find her post here if you're interested. This tag was originally co-created by IsThatChami and Earl Grey Books. I'm so excited to let you all know how this year has gone for me so far. Reading wise, that is. Let's get started, shall we?

1. The best book you've read this year?
I'm going to go with A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas. Technically it's a novella and a lot of people have issues with it. However, it was everything I wanted. I love the fluff and the normalcy of prepping for and celebrating a holiday. I need more novellas like this one. I didn't want it to end. I'm still upset that we don't know what gift Cassian bought.

2. The best sequel you've read in 2018?

The Lost World by Michael Crichton. Jurassic Park is hands down one of my favorite books and movies so nothing held a candle to The Lost World this year. Nothing. I wish I could have more Jurassic Park books. Michael Crichton, you are missed.

3. New releases you haven't read yet, but want to.

Oh man, The Last to Let Go by Amber Smith. The Way I Used to Be really got to me and I must read anything she writes. Legendary by Stephanie Garber. I had an ARC of Caraval and I was trying so hard to get Legendary so I wouldn't have to wait. Unfortunately I didn't get one. Oh well. Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi is definitely one of them. I've heard nothing but great things. I could go on forever. So many wonderful books have and are coming out.

4. Most anticipated releases for the second half of the year?

I know two of my biggest ones are coming very soon. The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas and Hidden Pieces by Paula Stokes. These are both coveted ARCs for me and I will buy them too. But damn, I need these right now so damn bad! If you have either of them and don't want them anymore, for whatever reason, they will have a great home with me.

5. Biggest disappointment?
Lucky for me I haven't had one yet this year. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Don't get me wrong there was one book I rated maybe 3 stars, but I don't see it as a huge disappointment.

6. Biggest Surprise?

Midnight Sun by Trish Cook. I read a lot of reviews saying this book copied Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. I didn't feel that way at all. Sometimes books are similar. At this point so many ideas are inspired by other ones. I enjoyed them both for their own merit. I can't wait to see the movie.

7. Favorite new to you or debut author?

Kelly deVos, hands down. Don't even try to fight me. Fat Girl on a Plane was a wonderful book and I will be first in line for her second book.

8. Newest fictional Crush?

Cody from Mammoth by Jill Baguchinsky. He just seems like such a sweetie and he's so helpful. He has that Southern charm if you ask me.

9. Newest favorite character?

I have two! Simon Spier from Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli and Mari Turner from The Other Side of Lost by Jessi Kirby. I'm late to reading Simon, but I feel like I waited until the perfect time to fall in love with this lovable goof. As for The Other Side of Lost, y'all need to grab a copy when it hits shelves. You might have mixed feelings about Mari like I did, but she'll surprise you.

10. Book that made you cry?

I rarely, if ever, mention the children's books that I read on my blog. I'm sorry for that. That being said, Hello Goodbye Dog by Maria Gianferarri brought me to absolute tears. In fact, several of the children's books I've read this year have. Y'all need to check that one out as well as If A Horse Had Words by Kelly Cooper, Swimming with Seals by Maggie de Vries, and Me, My Dog, and a Sheep by Melissa Mullamphy. So many tears.

11. Book that made you happy?
I'm going to go with the nostalgia pick and go with Twilight by Stehpenie Meyer. I'm rereading the series and it just brought me joy to revisit the book that brought me back to reading in high school. I haven't fallen out of love with reading again since and it's wonderful.

12. Favorite book to film adaptation?

If I didn't say Love, Simon I would be a liar. That movie was perfect and I loved that I was able to watch it after reading the book for the very first time. It was one big Simon love fest for me.

13. Favorite post you have done this year?

Well I haven't posted a ton this year because of work and general slumps. My favorite post would obviously have to be the Beauty and the Beast Book Tag. Beauty and the Beast is the whole reason I read. I wanted so badly to be just like Belle when I was little and so my grandma started taking me to the library whenever she could and fed my urge to read. Forever grateful. I miss you grandma.

14. Most beautiful book you have bought this year?

I honestly could not tell you which books I bought this year so I'll have to go with a fairly recent one that I was mostly drawn to because of the cover. Mind Platter by Najwa Zebian. The eyes and all of that paint splatter. I think it's stunning. Hopefully I will read it soon.

15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

I'm hoping to finish my reread of the entire Twilight series before the end of this year. I know that's probably not the answer you were looking for, but y'all know by now that I am too much of a mood reader for all of that planning.

So that's the end of the tag! 2018 has been a wonderful reading year for me so far and I hope that continues. I tag Erica Robyn Reads, Beth and Books, Falling LettersAs Told By Tina, and anyone else who would like to do this tag. Even if you don't blog, I would love to hear some of your answers in the comments! Happy Reading!
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

  1. YAAAAY FOR LOVING SIMON!!! He's just one of the cutest characters ever. And I can't wait to read Jessi Kirby's new book--she's a fantastic author. And it's nice to see a Twilight lover! ♥ I haven't finished the series, but I loved all the movies!

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I hope you finish the series one day. Thank you so much for tagging me and for stopping by. (:

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me! ☺ My answers are in this post: http://fallingletters.ca/2018/07/2018-mid-year-check-in.html I've never read anything by Michael Crichton...maybe I should try Jurassic Park (I haven't seen the movies so it would be fun to read the book first anyway).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SHOCKED. I have a serious love for Jurassic Park so I most definitely feel like you should both read and watch the series. Erica from Erica Robyn Reads told me the audiobook is REALLY good and I'm considering buying it even though so far audiobooks aren't my thing. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart