April Wrap-Up

For the first time in a long time I decided to make myself a TBR for the month. In my April TBR post I was honest with myself. I know I suck at sticking to plans for reading so I only gave myself three books. So let's see how that worked out, shall we?

If you've seen my review then you know the first book I managed to finish this month was The Fall of Grace by Amy Fellner Dominy and I really enjoyed it. It didn't go exactly where I wanted it to go and yet it was still a really good read for me. If you enjoy a little mystery mixed with adventure and romance then this one is for you.

I also finished Midnight Sun which was second on my list. SUPRISE! I can follow through, sort of. I read a lot of reviews about this book before I even had the chance to finish it and a good chunk were saying that it was a cheap copy of Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. I say screw that. I loved both of these books and while they both have a girl who feels like she's missing out on life because of whatever is wrong, they go different directions barring that one thing. I loved Midnight Sun for the decisions Trish Cook made in her writing. The ending kind of broke me and I'm glad for that.

Now I said I sort of followed through on my TBR. The reason I say sort of is because I only read 2 out of 3 books. In the end I just didn't have time to conquer New Moon. Instead I went for shorter things to try and get the most out of my month.

The Witch Doesn't Burn in this One was a spontaneous purchase one day at Target and I read it in one sitting. Not exactly surprising for a poetry book except it was around midnight and I was exhausted. While I did enjoy this one, I found that I enjoyed The Princess Saves Herself in this One more. I can't wait to read her next collection.

Almost immediately after finishing The Witch Doesn't Burn in this One, I started The Cell Phone Lot by Stephanie Elliot. It was a quick little romance novella. I enjoyed reading it, but at the same time I would find myself getting bothered by our character's thoughts. I can't pinpoint why exactly, but I would still like to know how their lives ended up. Did they live happily ever after? I need to know.

The last thing I finished this month was I Hate Fairyland Volume Two: Fluff My Life by Skottie Young. It was just as hilarious and dark as volume one. The artwork is amazing and I cannot get enough of it all. Y'all really need to check this out.

So that's everything that I finished, but I have one that's in progress. Kelly deVos gave me her traveling ARC of Fat Girl on a Plane. I'm only 73 pages in and loving it. I love the jumps between before and after this huge transformation. I can't wait to see where this goes and share all of my thoughts with you guys. I have a feeling this is going to be one amazing debut. Here's to May, hopefully it's as wonderful as April was. Happy reading!
Xoxo,
Gabriella 





Comments

  1. Oooh! I keep meaning to pick up the first volume of I Hate Fairyland! I really need to get around to that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart