2021 Part One Wrap-Up

My decision for 2021 was to split my reading plans into quarters and so far that plan is working. In the first three months of the year I have been able to finish six whole books! I am so proud of myself!

I started off the year with a book I already knew that I was going to love, Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer. Needless to say I was not wrong. Reliving the book from Edward's point of view brought new life to a story that I have loved for so long. I would read the whole series from his point of view if I could.

I also read a short poetry book called 2 AM Thoughts which was as enjoyable as every poetry book that I have read. I mostly read poetry when I am looking for comfort and it typically works out as planned. However, The Messengers was not as great for me. I can see why people enjoy it for its social commentary, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Alas, the long awaited return of Sarah J Maas to the beautiful world that she created. A Court of Silver Flames was more than I could have dreamed! The character development alone is amazing, but the major focus on mental health has my heart. Not to mention all the added steam in this novel. A Court of Silver Flames is definitely an adult novel. If you want to know more of my thoughts, I wrote a review.

American Panda was something that I reached for that had been sitting on my shelves for a while. I wanted something new and it was calling to me. Gloria Chao writes with such passion. You can tell that the main character has a piece of her within. I finished up March with Unpregnant by Jenni Hendriks and Ted Caplan. I was drawn to the fact that a major topic is addressed. Abortion is not something that gets talked about often, especially in young adult novels. I found that really refreshing. You can find a spoiler free review of Unpregnant here.

I am really looking forward to what the rest of this year is going to bring to my reading life. How are your reading plans going? What's the best book you've read in 2021 so far? I would love to hear about it. Happy reading!

Xoxo,

Gabriella


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart