Liars, Inc. Review


                                 
Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes
5 Stars
I read Liars, Inc. along with my goodreads book club, Better Read Than Dead, and it was easily one of my most anticipated releases of 2015. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed. Paula Stokes weaves together a great mystery with twists you may not see coming. You might find yourself saying, "What?!" several times throughout. I personally had a ton of fun trying to figure out who killed Preston. I even thought I had it figured out in the middle of the book only to be wrong and change my theory. The characters are not some happy go lucky teenagers and they shouldn't be. Their lives are complicated, messy, and real. I really appreciated that about them. The main character Max is labeled a suspect and he freaks out like any normal person would. Even though he's a "Liar" he's not all cool and collected as the odds are stacking against him. As I read this book, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I needed to know what was going to happen next and I needed more clues. I wanted to figure out who had done it before the cops did. This is what makes a good mystery. The thrill and the need to know. There is so much more that I wish to say, but I'll let you find out for yourself so I don't spoil any of the fun. I am looking forward to reading more of Paula's work in the future, especially if it's a mystery/thriller. I would also like to personally thank the incredibly kind Paula Stokes for sending me a signed bookmark (seen below).
Before I go, I would like to invite you to join Better Read Than Dead. Our May read will be Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. 
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart