New Year, New Reads

 

It's been a couple of years since I've been able to blog even a little bit. Are written blogs even in anymore? Oh well. It's a new year and time for a whole new reading adventure.

Overall Reading Plans

In 2024, I hope to simply read. The last few years I haven't read more than sixteen books in a year. Some years it was even as few as five. 2023 I found my spark again and finished a whopping sixty-two books. My goal for the coming year is a small one so I don't set myself up for failure, twenty-four.

First Book of the Year

For my first read of the year I'm actually switching gears. 2023 was apparently the year of romance. For a change of pace, I'm starting with The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I've wanted to get into his books for a while and I snagged this one last week when my boyfriend and I were on vacation. We visited a cute local independent bookstore on our travels, a tradition we plan to uphold for coming adventures. If you're ever in Flagstaff, I recommend Bright Side Bookshop or you can order from them online.

A Series I Want to Finish

In 2022, I started reading the Shadow & Bone trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. I hope that 2024 is the year that I finish the third book, Ruin & Rising. I've been wanting to read Six of Crows for a very long time, but I'm determined to read things in order and so I must finish Ruin & Rising. I also want to finish the show despite it being canceled.

A Book I've Had Forever

An entire series has been sitting on my shelf for years and I am hoping this is the year that I at least start to read it. Book one is The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. With the Percy Jackson television series coming out, I really want to continue on in this world. I think one of the major things that has held me back for so long is that I have the hardcover boxed set and hardcovers are just not my jam. I will read them from time to time when I don't have a choice, but I much prefer a soft paperback. Although, 2023 was the year I embraced the Kindle. So we will see.

A Must

A book that I fully intend to read this year is With or Without You by Eric Smith. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this novel prior to publication last year, but due to school and general reading habits, it fell to the wayside. I've always loved Eric's writing and expect nothing less from his newest piece.

Most Anticipated Release

My most anticipated release of 2024 is coming mid-year in June. Hannah Grace has gotten some flack for her writing, but I'm just here to enjoy books. Daydream is the book in which we finally get to see Henry find someone to love, our sweet little Henry. I've been waiting for this since book one. You can bet I will be reading this one the second it's delivered to my doorstep.

Blogging Goals

As demonstrated the last handful of years, blogging isn't something I really keep up with. In fact, it partially contributed to reading feeling like a chore. My hope is that maybe I post four times this year. Set the bar really low and maybe I can achieve it. Maybe I'll be more consistent on my TikTok, but I want to try here.

I don't know how many of you have stuck around through this journey, but what are your reading goals this year? What book have you decided to start with and did you already finish it? I'd love to reconnect with my fellow bookworms. Happy Reading!

Xoxo,

Gabriella




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart