The Beginning of Everything Review


The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider
4 Stars
I liked this book and I feel like maybe I could have loved it, had I not read it right in the middle of a slump. The characters were funny and I kind of found myself wishing I could be friends with some of them, specifically Toby. I'm not going to dive into my thoughts on Toby because, I feel you need to discover him for yourself. The main character, Ezra Faulkner, started out seeming a tad whiny to me, rightfully so, but at some point I found myself really just wanting to give him a hug and cheering him on. I couldn't tell you the exact moment that this happened only that it did. While The Beginning of Everything is about how everyone gets a tragedy, you might find yourself laughing the way I did. I laughed, I cried, I got angry, this story just plays with you in the best way. I did hit a patch within the last three chapters where I was crying and unsure whether or not I wanted to finish. I'm glad I did. Robyn Schneider changed the way I look at certain moments in my life. I can honestly say that not many books have touched me in quite that way. I strongly suggest picking it up and I look forward to reading more of her work in the future.

"I STILL THINK that everyone's life, no matter how unremarkable, has a singular tragic encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. That moment is the catalyst -- the first step in the equation. But knowing the first step will get you nowhere -- it's what comes after that determines the result. So who was I in the aftermath of my personal tragedy?" (The Beginning of Everything)

I would love to hear the thoughts of anyone who has read this. You can even let me know if you plan on reading it.
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart