March 2020 Wrap-Up


This post is almost a year overdue. I never realized that I didn't post it. So if you're here reading it despite how late it is, thank you.

Wow, what a month March has been. Is anyone going a little stir crazy being inside? I'm still working, both from home and also on campus, so I have plenty to keep my mind busy. I am here to talk if anyone needs it. Now let's get to the wrap-up. I was able to finish four books last month.

I started my month with two picture books that were written by Jonathan Stutzman. Llama Destroys the World, illustrated by Heather Fox, was definitely a cute read. I actually find it quite fitting for the current situation, especially the ending. Llamas may not be my favorite animal, but I recommend this one for anyone looking for a smile. Next came Tiny the T-Rex and the Very Dark Dark, illustrated by Jay Fleck. I was excited for this one since I really enjoyed the first book, Tiny the T-Rex and the Impossible Hug. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. The follow up was absolutely adorable and the illustrations were cute as ever. I am so happy to have both of these books in my collection and I cannot wait for more of Stutzman's stories.

At some point I began drowning in schoolwork and was looking for a distraction. I decided to pick up one of the books given to me by my #TBSecretSanta, Leticia. The one I chose was We Are Okay by Nina LaCour. For the first time in a long time I flew through the pages of a book. I could not put it down. We Are Okay had the perfect somber mood that I was looking for. I just wanted to know what happened to this girl to make her run off to college and not even look back. I appreciated how the author jumped between present and past to reveal clues at the right times. I will admit that flashbacks are my favorite in books. This novel was everything I needed the night that I decided to pick it up. I was left in tears. I highly recommend giving this book a shot.

The last book that I finished in March was Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. If you were ere for my February wrap-up, then you'll know this was my first audiobook. In the past I have always said that audiobooks were not my thing and they never held my attention, but that was clearly not the case here. The narrator, Davina Porter, did a wonderful job. Her voice had me completely entranced every step of the way. This series is one that I am falling completely in love with and I have already downloaded the next book.

How did your reading go in March? Do you have any short books to recommend me or your favorite audiobooks? I would love to hear about what you have been reading. Let's chat in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart