Adrift Review

Adrift by Tami Oldham Ashcraft
5 Stars

Y'all should know by now how much I tend to struggle reading non-fiction work, but something about this one pulled me in. Maybe it was because the movie trailer was so intense. I just needed to know all of the facts behind the story. So, I went out on a limb and bought the book.

It took me around 3 months to read Adrift, but it was worth every second. Tami is so strong and I suppose you don't know your strength until it's tested the way hers was. It was incredible to read about everything that went through her head while adrift at sea while also seeing her memories of her life with Richard. These memories were woven in so perfectly throughout. I cried a lot during the time I was reading Adrift. I just couldn't help it.

Even though it took me a very long time to read this book, I would do it all over again. I'm just in awe. If you are even a little bit interested in Tami's story I recommend picking this up. It's very short and so impactful. If non-fiction just isn't your thing and you don't want to try, at least watch the movie. Shailene Woodley does a fantastic job. Does this story fascinate you the way it did me? Are you planning to pick it up? Let me know in the comments. Happy reading!
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

  1. Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man. Best article I have ever read

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart