The Sunshine Blogger Awards


I want to start by thanking Erica Robyn Reads for nominating me. I hadn't heard of this before, but I'm happy to be a part of it. Erica asked some pretty good questions so let's get started!

The Sunshine Blogger Award

The Rules:

  • Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
  • Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
  • Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
  • List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.

The questions I was asked:

What blog post from 2018 so far do you wish had gotten more love?
I would have to say I wish either my review of The Other Side of Lost or the Beauty and the Beast Book Tag. I feel like these are two of my favorite posts and I want them to have been really seen.

How did you come up with your blog name?
Well I originally started with a blog called Gabriella Reads, but I wanted my email to match my blog name and rather than deleting it so that I could use the name again I just made a new email and a new blog. I did transfer my posts and my old blog links to my new one so I don't have to start from scratch. In hindsight instead of adding my initial I would've made it a sort of pun on my last name and called myself Gabriella Reads More. Oh well.

What is your favorite type of blog post to read (reviews, discussions, etc.)?
I personally love unhauls. I feel like they're more common on booktube than in online blogging, but I want to hear the negatives instead of just the positives. I like to be fully informed when going on opinions of others. It's so nice to see both sides of the spectrum. I love all posts, but unhauls are my favorite.

What are your favorite genres?
I would guess contemporary. I don't pay too much attention to genres.

What item do you use for a bookmark most frequently (actual bookmarks, sticky notes, receipts, etc)?
Real bookmarks for sure. I love to collect them so I'm never short on one. Lately I've been pretty shameless in using my own business bookmarks for my reading.

Where is your favorite reading spot?
Considering we have yet to decide on which couch to buy, I typically read in my bed. However, my favorite place to read is anywhere I can get comfortable. By far the best spot I've ever chosen is the mountains. The sound of nature, the views, the smell of trees. It's amazing.

What are your biggest turn-offs about a book?
I'm not so sure that I have any? I think I would need a master list to go through and see if anything on there peeves me because I cannot think of anything at all.

What was the last five star book you read?
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. My coworker actually made me read it so we could see the movie. I had been planning to read it just not right that second. I'm so glad she did though. I loved this book to my core. I laughed, I cried, I got really angry at times, and I felt such happiness at the end. It was a roller-coaster of emotions and I could not put it down.

What was the last book you DNFed (or gave a one star rating if you don't DNF)?
I don't officially DNF books and I rarely give a one star rating. I actually have not done either of these things in 2018 and I hope that trend continues.

Are you a member of any bookish clubs/groups?
I actually lead a book club called Better Read Than Dead on Goodreads with my penpal from Australia, but we've both been so busy that it has kind of faded. I just wish I had the time. I'm really part of a few groups, but they all seem to have faded just like mine has. I would love to start an in person book club sometime.

What are some really inspiring books that you have read?
I don't know how often I actually get inspired by a book in the way I'm assuming this question intends. However, I was inspired by the strength of one little boy in a children's book. It's a very true story and even has real life photos at the end. This boy was just so strong for his best friend and I cried. I hope to always be that strong for mine. Of course the book I'm talking about is Me, My Dog, and a Sheep by Melissa Mullamphy. Y'all should really pick it up.

- What is the one book you can go to any time you are feeling sad or emotional?
- Is there a book you wish would be a tv show? Which network do you think would do it justice?
- Salty or sweet snacks?
- Which one is best for reading, rainy whether or sunshiny days?
- How did you get into reading and or blogging?
- Name a Disney character that you heavily relate to.
- What's one place fictional or not that you would die to visit?
- Without spoilers, what is one thing you are really angry about (book, tv, or movie)?
- In the movie of your life, who plays you?
- If I were to give you a stack of Harry Potter novels would you put book one on the bottom or the top of said stack?
- What is your favorite hobby outside of reading and blogging?

Wow this post has been a lot of fun! Feel free to tell me your answers to any of these 22 questions in the comments. I would love to hear them. Until next time, happy reading!
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

  1. Wahoo!! Thanks for participating! GREAT answers! I need to keep an eye out for more unhauls. I'm pretty sure I've only seen them on BookTube. Good luck choosing a couch, and fingers crossed your keep reading great books this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was so fun! Thank you again for nominating me.

      Delete
  2. This is so fun! I use paper clips for book marks. ;)

    Contemporary is definitely my favored genre!! BATB book tag is so much fun.

    ...thank you so much for the shout-out and nomination, Gabriella. Really appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited that you're excited. I can't wait to read your post.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart