F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Book Tag

For as long as I can remember every time I went over to my best friend's house, the television show FRIENDS would be playing as a kind of background noise. I caught a few episodes here and there, but it wasn't until it was on Netflix that I finally began to watch it. Of course I texted my best friend every single thought I had along the way, no matter what time it was. So when Mariam tagged me for this post, I was crazy stoked about it! Here we go!

"So no one told you life was gonna be this way." - A book which surprised you.
I was pleasantly surprised by The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley and I don't think I'll ever stop pushing this book on people. It's an adult contemporary about a man facing a tough decision in regards to his wife's care. That's all I'm willing to say. However, I know that a lot of people my age read young adult more than they do adult so I'll also mention The Blood Between Us by Zac Brewer. I recently finished this one and will post my review soon. I went in knowing that I would enjoy it, but I was surprised at how much I loved it and how much I wanted more. Side note: Did anyone else feel the urge to clap like I did?

Chandler - A book which had you on the floor laughing.
No book has had me on the floor laughing, but if there's one author who never fails to make me chuckle a few times, it would be Rick Riordan. So far, I've only read six of his novels, but I own thirteen of them because he hasn't let me down yet. Riordan sprinkles just the right amount of humor within his adventure stories. Even when you think a character might die, you're likely to find a joke.

Monica - A book that you never want to be damaged or broken.
Oh lord, I hope none of my books ever get damaged! It's so hard to choose one. I suppose I'll choose one of the first adult books that I remember falling in love with. This so happens to be Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Water for Elephants was so far out of my comfort zone when I picked it up, but I did because the movie was coming out and I prefer to read the book first. It's been a very long time since I've read it, in fact it's about time for a reread, but I remember loving how this young man's world was shattered and he just got away and started over.

Joey - A book that you love and would like to become a movie.
So many of the books that I love are already movies, but it's a tie between Winger by Andrew Smith and Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes. If you haven't read either of them, you need to. Winger is kind of a coming of age story and Liars, Inc. is a good mystery/thriller.

Phoebe - A book that had bad reviews, but you loved.
I wouldn't say this book had bad reviews, but Paper Towns by John Green. John Green is a hit or miss for a lot of people and I get that. Paper Towns was in some ways an eye opener for me. My favorite quote being, "What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person." Like Q, I had my eyes on someone and believed they were the end all, be all. In reality, he was just a person and I try to look at everyone that way.

Ross - A book that you can't decide whether you love it or hate it.
I actually don't have an answer for this one. I'm pretty sure minded when it comes to my opinion on books and I actually love most of what I read. But I will mention a book that I have a love hate relationship with. A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall pissed me off to no end, but I loved it. It is basically a novel of near misses, but the end made up for it. Oddly enough this is how I feel about Ross. He makes me so damn mad and I love him.

Rachel - A character that had major character development.
I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the logistics so I'm tempted to say Sita from the Thirst series by Christopher Pike. Throughout the series she changes a lot, but also stays the same. I know this answer is very vague and I'm sorry. The series is amazing. I always say that it isn't your typical vampire novel. My favorite thing about it is actually the religious aspect and how nothing is black and white.

Central Perk - A book to go to when you're bored.
When I'm bored, I usually grab a steamy book. A recent favorite is The Score by Elle Kennedy. I absolutely love Dean. The Score is the third in a series of companion novels called the Off-Campus series. You can read them out of order, but because of the appearance of past characters I prefer to read them in order.

Gunther - A book that you always hear about, but never buy.
I'm always hearing about the Outlander series and the Game of Thrones books. I don't see myself ever reading them. They're so large and intimidating. Not to mention that there are just so many of them. No offense to Diana Gabaldon or George R.R. Martin.

"Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you?" - A book that has a nice smell.
Every book smells different, but every book smells nice. I can' think of a particular book that has a better smell than any other one.

"How you doin'?" - A book character that you love so much.
One of my favorite book characters is Tobias Eaton, more commonly known as Four. Because of my past, I felt a deep connection to him, specifically when reading his short stories. I know most people like Tobias because they want to date him or whatever, but I'm more into how he managed to face his his fears. Maybe one day, I'll be able to do the same.

"WE WERE ON A BREAK!" - A book that you stopped reading for some reason.
Oh man, I have put down so many books! I absolutely have every intention of giving them all another shot, which is why I still have them all. Most recently I put down Dumplin' by Julie Murphy. I just simply wasn't in the mood for it at the time and I don't know when I will be. Maybe in the Summer? Who knows, but I'm looking forward to it regardless.

This was my first tag and I really hope you enjoyed it, I sure did! Thank you to Mariam for tagging me. I tag Grace, Cassie & Jocelyn, Abigail, and anyone else who would like to do it! Feel free to leave a link to your post in the comments, I would love to read them!
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart