Let's Talk About SLUMPS

I want to read, but I don't want to read.
These past few months I've found myself in quite the slump. I call it a life slump, but we're only going to discuss the reading portion of said slump. Now what exactly is a slump? Google defines a slump as a sudden severe or prolonged fall in the price, value, or amount of something. I believe we all go through slumps every now and then, reading or otherwise. How do I know that I'm in a slump? I've only finished a total of four books in the past two months. Considering I've finished thirty-one books so far, this is quite disappointing. 

How do you deal with a reading slump? After all of my experience with other readers and booktube videos, I've realized there are several ways to get out of a slump and it always depends on the person. Some people try to force themselves to read a certain book while others pick up several books until one catches their attention. I seem to be one of the latter, but we'll get to that later. Another strategy is to simply just find something else to do until the urge to read comes back. One way is to reread an old favorite since it's something you already know you enjoy. Lastly, I've seen people try to read maybe one chapter a day or a small amount of pages until they either finish the book or regain their rhythm.

What if the slump never ends? In my experience all slumps end, even the ones that seemingly go on forever. I've been through ones that last more than a year. While it's unfortunate, it's completely normal. Maybe you're stressed, busy, or haven't found anything of interest. Don't worry. Things will get better, this applies to life as well.

I'm hoping my slump comes to an end soon. I've picked up and put down at least eight different books in hopes to find one that will just grab me and never let me go. It's not that these books aren't good or enjoyable, it's that I can't deal with it. I can't force myself no matter how badly I want to. How do you manage to make it through a slump? I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences.
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart